Monday, August 23, 2010

'Twas the night before open house and all through the classroom...

...the teachers were busy stapling, labeling, and humming a tune.

Here I am, FINALLY back to my blog again. It's been a whirlwind these past few weeks and I'm excited to update. I think I should back up to what I've been up do these days...

This year I am teaching in a multiage elementary classroom at Stephens College and am working with three other teachers. The elementary classroom is housed in the basement of a residence hall and was in major need of renovation. Over the summer walls were torn down, the floors were re-finished, and (some) walls were given a fresh coat of paint. When my fellow teachers and I arrived to set up our classroom two weeks ago, we were overwhelmed by the amount of dust, construction debris, and stacks of furniture looming before our eyes. It wasn't until the night before open house that we finally finished setting up the classroom. But our time spent painting, cleaning, re-arranging (and re-arranging again), going out to lunch, dancing to 90's music as we worked, and sharing many laughs made it an enjoyable bonding experience for our team. Last Thursday when we finished putting away the last of the supplies and taping on the last name tag, we finally sighed in awe of the beautiful classroom we had created.....






















I enjoyed setting up my office area. I feel especially at home :)

I know we love it and I can't wait to see it filled with happy children!

No comments:

Post a Comment